I was recently given the MeMetastic blog award! This award is a fun guessing game for my readers. Read on…
The award was given to me from Deb, at DorkyDeb.com.
THANKS DEB! I think 🙂
Once you receive the award you must do a few things:
- You must proudly display the award in a post.
- You must list 5 things about yourself and 4 of the 5 must be BOLD FACE LIES.
(your readers must guess which one is the truth)
- And you must then pass this prestigious award on, to 5 deserving bloggers.
Below are my five stories. The five blogs I chose are listed at the bottom of the page.
Remember, only one story is the whole truth!
1) I was confined to a wheel chair, as a result of a childhood bone disease when I was a toddler. The doctors told my mother I might never walk again. I hated that chair! My brother, who is ten years older than I am, used to take me and my little chair on wheels to the top of our steep road, which was deep in the mountains. My two older sisters would stand at the top of the road, holding my chair, with me in it of course, until my brother made it to the bottom. He would count to some number, which was their clue to let me go. I would fly down that mountain in my little chair! It was great fun! The best I can remember, my brother always caught me. My mother didn’t mind this game. I wasn’t happy the day I put my foot on the floor and was able to walk again because I had to give up my little flying chair.
2) When I was fifteen I skipped school one day. It was the first time I had ever done anything like that. In fact, I never broke rules. I was always trying to be the perfect student. Anyway, it was raining that day. I was driving my boyfriend’s truck. My brother saw the truck. He began chasing it because he didn’t like my boyfriend. The road was curvy, but lucky for us, I had learned to drive several years earlier. I was wearing a pair of, “Candies,” which was a style of high heel shoes popular in the ’70’s. The heel got caught under the gas pedal. We both wrecked. I drove straight into a brick building at 80 mph. My brother’s car slid into the building too. The truck I was driving only had a small dent in the corner and I didn’t have a scratch on me. My boyfriend had serious cuts and bruises. My brother had to have nine stitches and it totaled his car. I realized my brother must have done that out of love, so I stopped dating the guy and never saw him again.
3) I have an authentic Mile High Club button, which I had a great time earning. A professor at a college I attended was also a pilot and ask me if I wanted to go flying. Sure I told him. He told me how he had always wanted the button, but never knew a woman brave enough to help him earn it. I was young and daring! In order to get the button and become a member of this club, we had to put the airplane in the hanger a mile high in the air, which we did, but not without turbulence. The plane nose-dived. I wasn’t the least bit afraid. I thought it was great fun! Shortly afterward we were flying normally again. The professor, whom I obviously had great confidence in, couldn’t believe I didn’t get scared. “I trusted you knew what you were doing,” I told him. “I do, but I lost control of the plane. We nosed-dived!” he exclaimed. “We did what?” I asked him. “We are very lucky,” he added.
4) I love Comic Sans, Oprah and Dr. Phil!
5) I got caught speeding when I was 20 years old. I had driven my dad’s car to a city an hour away. It was raining hard and I had decided to see how fast I could make it back home. I pulled over when I saw the blue lights, rolled down the window about two inches, just enough so I could talk to the officer without getting wet. The officer asked if I’d been drinking. I told him all about the wonderful drinks I’d enjoyed earlier. He said he clocked me at 124 mph. He and four other officers had chased me for five miles. I laughed and told him that wasn’t a very long time at that speed. I went to jail, lost my license and my father didn’t speak to me for a several months. I learned some important lessons and never drove like that again.
Which story do you think is entirely true?
The Five blogs I chose as recipients!
You can visit the MeMetastic Hop to add your name to the list of recipients of this fantastic award.
I’ve heard that I’ll be hunted down by the creator of this award, pronounced meem-tastic, if I do not correctly follow the instructions. I’m scared!
I hope you enjoyed my stories. I also hope you will leave a guess in the comments, as to which one you believe is the whole truth!
Thanks for visiting Dogkisses’s blog!