A sweet award!
My thanks to DorkyDeb.com for this very nice gift.
The blogging community is one I’m proud to be a part of for several reasons, the best of which, I guess, is that I have a sense of belonging. I could say the best reason is because I’m among many bright, intelligent, generous and genuinely caring people, some of whom I’ve become friends with, because that’s true, but if I didn’t feel like I belonged, then I probably wouldn’t be here blogging.
For a long time, I wrote silently in my journal, always wishing that one day I’d be able to write a book, or maybe newspaper articles, (or anything for that matter) and that somebody would want to read what I wrote. And then I discovered blogging, rather accidentally. I saw the Publish button and thought how cool is that!
The first comment I received was from a woman who told me that my home page wasn’t configured properly. This is important for a blog. I didn’t realize at the time that this sort of unconditional thoughtfulness would be an ongoing theme in the blogosphere.
What does this have to do with my having received the Kreativ Blogger Award? I’ll try to tell you.
It’s about belonging, being heard, being acknowledged, being appreciated, and hoping that I’ve been able to add something of value to a wonderful and inspiring community of people from all across the world.
Now, of course, with an award, there are rules.
1. Thank the blogger who presented you with the award.
Again, Thank you Deb! I love your blog.
2. Post a photo of the award.
Hope you can see the pretty award above.
3. Share ten things about yourself that readers don’t know.
I don’t know what all you know, but here goes.
1. I don’t know enough about computers to be operating one, but I do it anyway.
2. I have a hard time relaxing.
3. My Dad raised Beagles.
4. I wish I could live my life closer to the land.
5. My heart is broken in several places.
6. I’m scared a lot.
7. I don’t feel as strong as people say I am.
8. I believe humans have the potential to make the world a better place.
9. I feel the energy of thoughts.
10. I would not vote for any of the Republican Presidential Candidates, even if I was a Republican.
3. Present this award to six bloggers.
1. Ash, @Wolfdreams –Ash is a talented writer. She has experience in medicine, from the patient’s perspective, along with having done years worth of reading and research. As a result, Wolfdreams is a resourceful health blog for people suffering from chronic illness, or for family members who would like to better understand and relate to an ill relative. Ash has other areas of interest that she writes about too. Go visit 🙂
2. Laurie @Hibernationnow –It’s about life, with some poetry. Go visit 🙂
3. Sue Dreamwalker @Dreamwalker’s Sanctuary –Definitely a Kreativ place to visit! Full of art, stories, inspiring blog posts, and all sorts of surprises! Go visit 🙂
4. John Byran-Hopkins @foodimentary.com –A very cool blog! Awesome photos and interesting posts about food history. Go visit 🙂
5. Leslie Sigal Javorek @IconDoIt, the blog! –A talented artist and writer! IconDoIt offers free icons, clip-art, and a fun-filled history behind her images. Go visit 🙂
6. Ediblesubstance (A foodie’s thoughts) –A fun blog with great photos and awesome recipes. Check out the post with photos of edible dresses. Very cool! Go visit 🙂
As always, I enjoyed accepting this award. I hope the bloggers I chose enjoy it as well, and that you may pop over and take a look at the blogs.
Thanks for visiting Dogkisses’s blog!