Thank you my fellow bloggers, Lynda R. Cook, Sue Dreamwalker from Dreamwalker’s Sanctuary and Paul Handover at Learning from Dogs, for nominating Dogkisses’s blog for the Versatile Blogger Award.
An Update on 12/29/11: My genuine thanks goes to Deb, from Dorky Deb’s Blog, for also having nominated me for this blog.
I love awards! I haven’t been the most attentive blogger over the past six months, so I really appreciate that folks remembered my blog. With that said, I felt a call to write this post. Thanks for the inspiration!
Now. The Rules as listed on the recently created VBA blog.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
The blogs I am nominating for The Versatile Blogging Award are as follows:
Ash, from her blog, Wolfdreams (http://wolfdreams.wordpress.com/) A true mountain woman, terrific writer and, strong survivor!
John Hayden at Dispatches from Consternation (http://lifeaftersixty.wordpress.com/) John is a former newsman, blogging about politics, living simple and frugality. I love his blog!
Leslie Sigal Javorek from IconDoIt (http://icondoit.wordpress.com/) If you’ve ever visited my blog before, then you may know that I absolutely love Leslie’s icons. Much more than her awesome icons and art, Leslie is a survivor, determined not until she is ready and, a talented writer. Go see!
Planet Jan (http://planetjan.wordpress.com/) A blog by a witty and predictably funny teacher.
Barbara from My life, His Addiction (http://parentofheroinaddict.blogspot.com/) A strong woman and Mother writing about the experience of her son’s addiction to heroin. Moving and real.
Holistic Recovery from Schizophrenia by Rossa Forbes (http://holisticschizophrenia.blogspot.com/) This blog speaks for itself, but is very well written and resourceful.
Dorky Deb who is not dorky at all, but a true blogger with 100% of heart and soul! (I’m pretty sure Deb has received this award, which exempts her from another round of acceptance, but wanted to nominate her anyway, because I enjoy her blog and photography).
Pamela Spiro Wagner from Wagblog, (http://wagblog.wordpress.com/) Pam is an author, artist and survivor. She writes an amazing blog about life with schizophrenia/bipolar illness. Take a tour “through Vision Therapy and narcolepsy, Global Warming and just about anything else that interests me as well!”
Rosemary from Seeking Equilibrium (http://rosemaryl.blogspot.com/) A professional well researched and written blog about living with pain from fibromyalgia. A long-standing favorite blog of mine!
Dominique at 4Walls and AView An Airforce Vet, author and “prolific blogger” writing about living with ME and FMS. Dominique has a strong spirit and clear writing voice. Her blog inspires me for several reasons, but you’ll have to visit to see why.
Amanda McMillen at (Insert Something Witty) (http://mcmillenwrites.wordpress.com/) I recently discovered this blog via a comment. In her words, “Schizophrenic, writer, mother, and sometimes inspired to greatness,” I look forward to reading more of Amanda’s posts.
Forgive me for only nominating 11 bloggers for this award, but I promise, the ones I chose are interesting and definitely worth your time to visit.
More Rules ;)… I’m required to tell you seven things about myself.
1. I love fine chocolate.
2. I’m a country girl in my heart.
3. Clogging was a required class for fifth graders where I went to middle school.
4. I take on the burdens of the world, but I don’t like being blamed for what is either not my fault or out of my control.
5. I love blogging and when I can’t, it makes me a little sad.
6. If I am ever a bride again, I want a wedding dress very much like this one! (The bride in red. Open photo to view larger image and see how pretty!)
7. I love dogs as much as I do people.
In Gratitude, with wishes that everyone is blessed with love, peace and joy!
Michelle, keeper of Dogkisses’s blog.